Pragati and Saksham Scholarship 2020: Online applications are invited from the Fresh awardees of 2017-18, 2018-19, and 2019-20 batches for Renewal of NEC Merit Scholarship during the year 2020-21 subject to availability of the fund and fulfillment of the following conditions.
Last Date: 15/12/2020
Pragati and Saksham Scholarship 2020 in Details
1. The Income Ceiling of the beneficiary’s parents/guardians should not exceed Rs. 4.5 Lacs per annum. An income certificate in original from Deputy Commissioner/ Addl. Deputy Commissioner/ Sub-Divisional Officer or Circle Officer must be submitted with a hardcopy of the application form.
2. The candidate must have a valid Bank Account (Preferably in SBI) and details to be submitted along with the application. (Bank name, A/c No., Branch Name, and IFS Code)
3. A passport size photograph must be submitted with the application form.
4. A Non-duplication Certificate must be submitted with the hardcopy of the application form duly signed by the competent authority in every case.
5. Renewal of Stipend is generally for a period of one year. Stipend holders must apply for renewal of stipend on yearly basis.
6. While applying online for renewal the applicant shall fill up the renewal form completely and correctly. After submission, the applicant will have to take a print-out as generated by the system. The Print-out along with copies of Mark-sheets, Pass Certificates for the previous year must be submitted to the Principal/Head of the Educational Institutions for a recommendation. Ph.D./M. Phil students while applying for renewal shall enclose the latest progress report from the Guide/Supervisor countersigned by the Registrar.
7. The Principal/Head of the Institution while recommending a case for renewal of stipend shall clearly indicate whether the stipend holders have been promoted to the next year/ class or not. Stipend holders who have not been promoted to the next class shall not be forwarded for renewal by the Principal/Head of the Institution. Stipend holders who are not promoted to the next year/class will not be considered for further renewal and the name of such stipend holders shall be removed from the records.
8. In case of a Stipend holder who failed in one or more subjects but is promoted to the next year/class, he/she will be considered for renewal provided the stipend holder clears all the back papers in the next examination. In all such cases for renewal, a Certificate in this regard from the Head of the Institution will accompany the request for subsequent renewal,
9. Request for renewal of Stipend holders who have changed their subject of study/ changed their Institution of study will not be entertained, even if the students have availed the stipend for the previous Course or part of it.
10. Request for renewal of Stipend in respect of stipend holder who discontinues their study for any period, for any reason other than on medical reasons, will not be entertained. Stipend holders who discontinue their study on medical ground must submit a medical certificate from the District Medical Officer/Head of the Medical Institutions in this regard, clearly indicating the course and period of such a break in the study while applying for renewal.
11. Extension of Stipend beyond the prescribed period of study will not be entertained.
12. M. Phil. stipend is sanctioned for a period of one and a half years and is extendable by a period of six months/ one semester based on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
13. Ph.D. stipend is sanctioned normally for a period of 3 years, which is extendable for another one year based on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
HOW TO APPLY (Pragati and Saksham Scholarship)
Intending candidates must apply online at www.dte.assam.gov.in between 16th November 2020 to 15th, December 2020 and take print-out after online Submission and submit it to the Principal/Head of the Institution, along with the necessary copy of certificates/testimonials.
The Principal/Head of the Institution is to send the hard copy of the application form along with the relevant documents to
The Director of Technical Education
Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati781019
on or before 28th December 2020 positively.
Apply Online for Pragati and Saksham Scholarship: Click Here ( From 16/11/2020)
(tags, Pragati and Saksham Scholarship 2020, Assam Pragati and Saksham Scholarship, Assam Pragati and Saksham Scholarship 2020,)