NHSRC is seeking applications from eligible candidates for the position of Lead Consultant for its branch office – Regional Resource Centre for the North Eastern States (RRC-NE) at Guwahati, Assam.
Last Date: 01/10/2020
NHSRC Guwahati Vacancy Details
Post name- Lead Consultant
Qualifications and Experience
- Medical/Dental/Health Science Graduate with Post Graduate qualification in Community Medicine/Public Health/Health Care Management
- Have at least 10 years of post-qualification experience out of which minimum 5 (Five) years relevant experience in the field of public health System strengthening along with familiarity with relevant Government policies, strategies, the functioning of National Health Mission and or State Health & Family Welfare Societies’ activities experience in implementing and supporting health care programs, working in the public health system in a leadership position and research would be desirable.
Key Responsibilities(NHSRC Guwahati )
- Lead Consultant is a senior-level position that has been envisaged to provide strong techno-managerial support, special emphasis on health System Strengthening, and Comprehensive Primary Health Care under NHM of NE States.
- Oversee the divisional activities of RRC, NE (PHP & E, CP-CPHC, etc.) and guide Sr. Consultants in their day to day functions
- Provide policy and program directions to North-Eastern states in accordance with NHP 2017
- Engage with the senior policymakers at the Central level as required: for representing the division in meetings, for carrying out advocacy, present evidence from State field visits, etc.
- Work with program divisions in the NHSRC to enable synergies with the central level.
- Gather and analyze evidence from field review visits from different states/districts to inform policy and advocate appropriate changes
- Guide State Technical counterparts in policy and program implementation in the relevant technical area. Undertake periodic field visits, assisting states in the development of policy and in choice as relates to public health. Regular follow up with State Governments on the progress made to fill up the gaps.
- Undertake implementation and operational research and assessments for improving the programs and policies
- Draft program-specific guidelines, policy briefs, and develop training materials, guidelines, etc. for the programs as relevant to North-Eastern states
- Mentor and support the team members and assist the Advisor/Director NERRC in tasks related to crafting individual responsibilities, undertaking performance appraisals, and conducting team meetings.
- Work across divisions with other lead/Sr. consultants and serve as the nodal member for cross-divisional activities and ability to carry out the given task on his/her own or minimal supervision
- Undertake such other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by the Advisor/ Director, NERRC and the Executive Director, NHSRC
Notes(NHSRC Guwahati )
- Computer proficiency with a high level of familiarity with a database management program and commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. and in web searching for relevant data, documents, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, need to be essentially a team player with demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Have the skills to build a team and mentor young professionals into competence in providing technical assistance for health sector reform.
- Preferences will be given to candidates who have worked related to National Health Mission and /or in RMNCH+A programs at the National/Regional/State level.
- Candidates selected in this interview could be considered for other vacant positions at NHSRC requiring similar skill sets and at an appropriate level
Salary-Rs. 1,30,000/- to Rs. 1,70,000/-
Age Limit(NHSRC Guwahati )
Not above 55 years
How to Apply
Candidates are requested to download the application form attached with the TOR, which is uploaded on the NHSRC website and email the duly filled application form to email@example.com only by 01-October-2020. Applications submitted in other formats or through other channels with an intent to influence may be a reason for rejection. Please ensure that the post applied for is clearly mentioned in the application form, without which the application form will not be accepted.
Advertisement Copy & Application Form: Click Here
NHSRC Guwahati Official Website-http://nhsrcindia.org/