The Mission Directorate, JJM, Assam intends to engage 96 (Ninety-six) Technical Officers in various districts of the State of Assam. The selection for recruitment will be done through a partnership with Tezpur University. However, Tezpur University has no role in the issuance of appointment letters and other employment and service-related matters.
Last Date: 05/07/2020
Name of the Post and Details
Post Name -Technical Officer
Total Posts: 96
A. Essential Qualification
1. B.E./B.Tech in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized
University/ institution with a minimum of 60% marks.
2. The candidates should be a domicile of Assam.
3. Age, not more than 35 years as on 1st January 2020.
B. Desirable Qualifications/ Skills
1. Relevant knowledge in areas of community-driven rural/urban development
projects (Water supply, Roads, Buildings, Sanitation, and other relevant areas)
2. Computer Knowledge in MS office/OS and the Internet.
3. Willing to work in a complex, multi-stakeholder, and fast-moving environment.
4. Willing to work under pressure, respecting strict deadlines, and multi-tasking.
5. Knowledge of Assamese, English, Hindi & other local languages (s).
6. Good social, analytical, communication, interpersonal and planning skills.
7. Self-motivated and possessing the ability to work independently as well as in teams.
8. Willing to travel extensively within and outside the state.
C. Job Description
1. Assist in the preparation and implementation of Village Action / District Action
2. Assist in the planning and preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for
3. On-site verification and monitoring of construction of water supply scheme and
Plans. supply. retrofitting.
4. Operation and maintenance of FHTCs.
5. Regular follow up with District officials on the quality construction of water supply
schemes including FHTCs.
6. Timely preparation and submission of monitoring data and IMIS reports.
7. Organizing periodic review meetings with District, Block, and GP level functionaries and beneficiaries.
8. Capacity building of community/ beneficiary on usage, 0&M of FHTCs.
9. Any other task assigned by the concerned authorities
D. Duration of the Contract
The contract period of the Technical Officer is initially for a period of 11 months. Further extension will be based on the performance of the concerned person/ project requirement.
The consolidated fixed remuneration of the Technical Officer shall be Rs. 30,000 (Rupees Thirty Thousand Only) per month with an annual increment of 10% (after appraisal). Taxes as applicable shall be dealt with as per applicable laws. The remuneration shall be inclusive of monthly remuneration and performance-linked-incentive, communication allowance, etc. 90% of the remuneration would be paid as fixed salary while 10% would be linked to performance.
Methodology of Recruitment
Due to the current situation with reference to the COVID 19 pandemic, a contactless recruitment process will be adopted purely based on academic performance from Class X to Graduation level. Moreover, the Candidate’s fit to the essential and desirable qualifications/skills will also be considered. Copies of Academic transcript (HSLC to Graduation) must be attached.
A number of candidates to be selected
Civil Engineers: 77
Mechanical Engineers: 19
Application submission deadline
Interested applicants should submit the online application along with all the above-mentioned documents as attachment latest by 05 July 2020. For any further details, mails may be sent to [email protected] CANDIDATES WILL BE COMMUNICATED THROUGH EMAIL ONLY.
Jal Jeevan Mission official Advertisement copy: Click Here.
Apply Online: Click Here.