Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) an Autonomous Body under the Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of India intends to engage the following positions purely on Contractual basis, initially for a period of two years and likely to be extended for the period of further two years invite application from interested and eligible candidates.
Last Date: 22/06/2020.
Total Post -4
Job Location-IWAI Kolkata, Guwahati, Patna & Varanasi office.
Name of the Post-Specialist (Hydro)
Educational Qualification: Cat “B” Hydrographer /SR-1 from an IHO Certified Institute OR B.Tech (Civil Engg.) / B.Tech (Survey Engg.) OR Associate Member of Institution of Surveyors in Subdivision I(B)
Age: Maximum 50 years as on closing date of receipt of application. (However, for deserving candidate age relaxation may be considered depending on the health and experience).
The Consultant would be responsible for, but not limited, to the following activities;
▪ Checking of Hydrography Survey data (Surveyed line KM measurement, datum fixing, tide reduction, dredging quantity calculations, etc.).
▪ Checking of Survey Charts and digital data on Google Earth/Erdas Imagine.
▪ Checking of detailed field reports and results of Hydrography Surveys data.
▪ Analysis of Hydrography Surveys data.
▪ Digitalization of data pertaining to rivers/canals.
▪ Advising on viability assessment, economic analysis, technical configurations of projects.
▪ Any other work assigned by the Chairman or Member(Technical) or Hydrographic Chief of IWAI.
▪ Any other work assigned by the Nodal Officer.
▪ Looking after RIS LAD and other Navigational issues.
Salary: Rs. 85,000/-
How to apply: The applicant must enclose the self-attested copies of certificates, testimonials in support of the
eligibility criteria as stipulated in the advertisement, failing which the candidature shall be treated as non-eligible. The decision of the Authority as regards the eligibility of a candidate or otherwise shall be final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Application in prescribed proforma is to be submitted to the
Director (Admn. & Vig.),
IWAI, A-13, Sector-1,
through Registered / Speed Post only.
Download application form and advertisement details-Click here