Applications are invited from eligible candidates for filling up the following posts under the Excise Department, Assam. Applications must be submitted online through SLPRB website (www.slprbassam.in) and will be received with effect from 12-09-2020. The last date of receiving application will be 30-09-2020. No application will be received thereafter.
Excise Department Vacancy Details
1. Assistant Chemist
Total Number of Vacancies -04 (UR: 1, OBC/MOBC: 1, SC: 1, EWS: 1)
- B. Sc. with Chemistry as one of the subject from recognized University
Salary : 14000-60500 + G.P. 6200; PB-2
2. Junior Assistant
Total Number of Vacancies-12 (UR: 4, OBC/MOBC: 5, STP: 1, STH: 1, EWS: 1)
- The candidate must be a Graduate in any stream from a recognized College/ Institutions affiliated to a recognized University and must possess Computer Skills from a recognized Institute for handling data and text on computer.
Salray:14000-60500 + G.P. 6200; PB-2
Total Number of Vacancies-20 (UR: 7, OBC/MOBC: 5, SC: 2, STP: 3, STH: 1, EWS: 2)
- Minimum Educational Educational Qualification is HSLC passed or equivalent from a recognized Board.
- Must have proficiency in Driving.
- Must possess a valid four wheeler driving License (LMV) issued by Competent Authority.
Salary: 14000-60500 + G.P. 5200; PB-2
The candidate must satisfy the following criteria.
a) Nationality :Candidates must be Indian Citizen, ordinarily resident of Assam.
b) Age: Candidate should not be more than 40 years and less than 18 years of age as on 1st January, 2020 (Candidate must be born on or before 01-01-2002 and on or after 01-01-1980).
Relaxation: Upper age limit is relaxable as under:-
- 5 (five) years in case of candidates belonging to SC, ST (P) & ST (H).
- 3 (three) years in case of candidates belonging to OBC/MOBC.
- 2 (two) years for Ex-Serviceman.
- 10 (ten) years in case of PwD candidates irrespective of castes.
- Candidates should be of sound health, both mentally and physically and free from organic defect bodily infirmity likely to interfere with efficient performance of his duties
- Required to undergo medical examination before appointment to the service
Application Fees – NIL
FIRST PHASE TEST
The duration of the Written Test will be of 2 ½ hours on the subjects as given below. The test will be of 100 marks with 100 questions and will be completely OMR based. Each question will carry 1 (one) mark. There will be negative marking of ½ (half) mark for each wrong answer. The candidates will have to use black ball pen to answer the OMR based answer sheet on the following subjects for the post of Asstt. Chemist and Jr. Asstt.
- General Mathematics
- Logical Reasoning and Aptitude,
- History, Geography, Political Science, Economy etc of India and Assam
- General awareness/General knowledge and Current affairs.
However, for the posts of Driver the duration of the Written Test will be of 1 ½ hours on the subjects as given below. The test will be of 50 marks with 50 questions and will be completely OMR based. Each question will carry 1 (one) mark. There will be no negative marking. The candidates will have to use black ball pen to answer the OMR based answer sheet on the following subjects:-
- Elementary Arithmetic
- Vernacular Language
- Basic General Awareness/ General knowledge
SECOND PHASE TEST
After completion of the Written Test, post wise merit list will be prepared for each category (UR, OBC/MOBC, SC, ST(P), ST(H) & EWS) as per vacancies for both male and female on the basis of total marks scored in Written Test. Candidates will be called for Second Phase Test in order of merit at the rate of 5 (five) times the number of posts allotted in respect of each category (UR, OBC/MOBC, SC, ST(P), ST(H), & EWS) both male and female.
If there are candidates scoring the same marks in Written Test as the last candidate selected for Second Phase Test by the 5 times formula in a particular case, the candidates scoring the same marks but no other will also be called for Second Phase Test, and therefore the number may exceed the 5 times to that extent for that particular case and category only.
A list will be uploaded in the SLPRB Website. The SECOND PHASE TEST will be computer based exam to test the knowledge of posts applied and proficiency of computer operations. However for the posts of driver, Driving/Skill Test will also be included in the SECOND PHASE TEST.
How to Apply(Excise Department )
All the Eligible and Interested candidates can apply online through www.slprbassam.in from 12-09-2020 to 30-09-2020. No application will be received thereafter.
Excise Department advertisement Copy: Click Here .
Apply Online(Excise Department ): Click Here