The Assam Public Service Commission will hold the Preliminary Examination of the Combined Competitive Examination, 2020 for screening candidates for the Main Examination for recruitment to the services/posts as per the actual number of vacancies as shown below, in accordance with the Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination (Amendment) Rules, 2019.
Last Date: 10/10/2020
Assam Public Service Commission Vacancy Details
CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION(Assam Public Service Commission )
- All candidates (male/female) are requested to carefully read the Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination (Amendment) Rules, 2019 notified by the Govt. of Assam Personnel (A) Department available on the Commission’s website http://www.apsc.nic.in and this advt. of Examination is derived from these Rules.
- The candidates applying for the Examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of an e-Admit Card to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
- The Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for the Interview/Personality Test
CENTRES FOR THE PRELIMINARY & MAIN EXAMINATION
- The centers for the Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination are BARPETA, BONGAIGAON, BISWANATH CHARIALI, DHEMAJI, DHUBRI, DIBRUGARH, DIPHU, GOALPARA, GOLAGHAT, GUWAHATI, HAFLONG, HAMREN, HATSINGIMARI, HOJAI, JORHAT, KAJALGAON, KARIMGANJ, KOKRAJHAR, MAJULI, MANGALDOI, MORIGAON, MUSHALPUR, NAGAON, NALBARI, NORTH LAKHIMPUR, SILCHAR, SIVASAGAR, SONARI, TEZPUR, TINSUKIA AND UDALGURI.
- The Combined Competitive (Main) Examination will be held in GUWAHATI only.
- The exact dates for the Preliminary and Main Examination respectively will be notified in due course.
- The centers and the date (even after it is notified) for holding examination may, however, be changed by the Commission at its discretion owing to unforeseen exigencies. Candidates admitted to the examination will be informed of the time-table and place or places of examination.
- The candidates should note that no request for change of center will be granted
Pay Scale(Assam Public Service Commission )
- Assam Civil Service (Jr.Grade): Pay scale 30,000/- 1,10,000/-, Grade Pay 13,300/-, PB-4
- Assam Police Service(Jr.Grade): Pay scale 30,000/- 1,10,000/-, Grade Pay 12,700/-, PB-4
- Superintendent of Taxes: Pay scale 30,000/- 1,10,000/-, Grade Pay 12,700/-, PB-4
- District Transport Officer: Pay scale 30,000/- 1,10,000/-, Grade Pay 12,700/-, PB-4
- Assistant Manager of Industries: Pay scale 22,000/- 97,000/-, Grade Pay 11,500/-, PB-3
- Block Development Officer: Pay scale 22,000/- 97,000/-, Grade Pay 10,900/-, PB-3
- Asstt. Employment Officer: Pay scale 22,000/- 97,000/-, Grade Pay 9,100/-, PB-3
- Labour Inspector: Pay scale 22,000/- 97,000/-, Grade Pay 9,100/-, PB-3
- Inspector of Taxes: Payscale 22,000/- 97,000/-, Grade Pay 9,100/-, PB-3
Persons with Benchmark Disabilities(Assam Public Service Commission )
- The Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in the categories of blindness, locomotor disability (both arms affected – BA) and cerebral palsy will be provided the facility of the scribe, if desired by the person. In case of other categories of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as defined under section 2(r) of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the facility of scribe will be provided to such candidates on production of a certificate at the time of C.C.
- (Prelims) Examination to the effect that the person concerned has physical limitation to write, and scribe is essential to write the examination on behalf, of the Chief Medical Officer/ Civil Surgeon/ Medical Superintendent of a Government Health Care institution as per proforma at Appendix – II.
- The candidates have the discretion of opting for his/her own scribe or request the Commission for the same and suitable provisions in Online Application have been made in this regard. The details of the scribe in case candidates are bringing their own scribe, will have to submit an undertaking (Format provided in Appendix III) to the Commission through the Commission’s mail Id (email@example.com) or by hand/Post within 7 days from the date of issue of admit card for the C.C (Prelims) Examination.
- The Commission’s scribe as well as the candidate’s own scribe should be less than the minimum qualification criteria of the Examination. However, the qualification of the scribe should always be matriculated or above.
- EWS candidates may refer to the Govt. OM No.ABP.07/2019/4, dated 10-04-2019 regarding the format of the EWS certificate and Govt. OM No.ABP.07/2019/16 dated 31-12-2019. However, a sample format is provided in Appendix IV.
- General/EWS: 285.40
- SC/ST/OBC/MOBC: 185.40
- BPL: 35.40 *
- PWBD: 35.40 *
- Women Candidate: 35.40 *
ELIGIBILITY(Assam Public Service Commission )
Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
Age Limit(Assam Public Service Commission )
The candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 38 years of age on 01.01.2020. Relaxation: The upper age limit is relaxable
- By 5 years for SC/STP/STH candidates i.e. up to 43 years.
- By 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates i.e. up to 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP.6/2016/9 dated Dispur the 25th of April, 2018.
- For persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWBD) by 10 years irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and General Category of candidates as per Govt. Notification No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th of October, 2015.
STAGES OF THE EXAMINATION(Assam Public Service Commission )
The Combined Competitive Examination consists of two successive stages:-
- The Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- The Main Examination (written & interview)
HOW TO APPLY(Assam Public Service Commission )
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR THE PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION THROUGH THE WEBSITE “https://apscrecruitment.in” ONLY. NO OTHER MODE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION IS ALLOWED.
- The Online Applications can be filled up from 10-09-2020 to 10-10-2020 till 12:00 Midnight after which the link will be disabled. Detailed instruction for filling up the online application is available in Appendix I.
- Candidates are not required to upload any document along with their online application in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Category viz. Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes/ Economically Weaker Sections and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities etc. which will be verified at the time of the Viva-Voce Interview only.
- However, candidates need to provide details of the concerned certificates (BPL, EWS, PWBD as applicable) while filling the online application form. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Preliminary Examination,
- Main (Written) Examination and Personality Test (Interview) will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the Preliminary Examination Main (written) Examination and Personality Test (Interview), it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be canceled by the Commission.
- While filling in his/her Application Form, the candidate should carefully decide about his/her choice of center for the examination. If any candidate appears at a center other than the one indicated by the Commission in his/her Admission Certificate, he/she will not be allowed to sit in the examination (Both Prelims & Mains).
- Since the applications are submitted online, the question of submission of application through proper channel in case of the candidates already employed becomes redundant. However, such candidates shall intimate their appropriate appointing authority about the submission of application in writing.
- Persons already in Government Service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are, however, required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination at the time of Viva-Voce Interview.
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be canceled.
For More Details Check Assam Public Service Commission Advretaishment Copy by Click Here
Online Application: Click Here
Assam Public Service Commission Website: http://apsc.nic.in/